Nowadays, Vietnam is known as a popular destination for world travelers. With the hidden charm, Vietnam is a wonderful place to explore. Still, like traveling to any other country, there are several tips you should take when visiting Vietnam to avoid unexpected things or misunderstandings:
- Find out all the basic information about the country beforehand.
- Your passport should be valid for at least six months after arrival and at least one month after the expiration of your visa. To apply for a visa, contact your local Vietnamese Embassy or
- Consulate, or an online travel agent for time saving.
- Please take a note that visa on arrival in Vietnam means visa stamped at the arrival airport in Vietnam with the pre-approved letter issued by the Vietnam Immigration Office (obtained in advance). Remember that only when you are traveling by air, can you apply for a visa on arrival.
What you need to bring with you to Vietnam:
- Lightweight and quick dry clothing for the summer months and warmer clothing for the winter months;
- Sun hat, shoes and sandals;
- A good quality backpack/rucksack and day pack
- A decent pair of boots for walking
- Light raincoat and umbrella;
- A map, compass or a GPS system in case you get lost
- Flashlight/torch, alarm clock, sunglasses, sunscreen, insect repellent, personal first aid kit, toiletries, basic aspirins, binocular, camera, emergency phone numbers [Read more...]