Vietnam Entry and Exit Form
Vietnam Entry and Exit Form (M3) is one of Vietnam Visa application form, required of all air travellers (visitors enter Vietnam by air). Normally, this form will be handed out to visitors on the airplane or when you land at Vietnam airport. After that, all required information should be filled in the form and be retured to the Vietnam Immigration Officer at the aiport/border gate. He/She will stamp the Vietnam Visa on your passport with a Vietnam Visa approval letter for Vietnam visa on arrival or give you an entry stamp if you have a Vietnam Embassy visa (or namely pre-arranged visa at Vietnam Embassy).
With the aim to save your time and advoid any unexpected situation at the airport (as no pen, no glue to paste the photo…), you should download the form and fill out, glue a passport-sized photo on it in advance.
Note: Although at the end of Vietnam Entry and Exit form, it is indicated that you need 2 forms, in fact you only need to fill in 1 form and submit for Vietnam Officer at the Vietnam Airport. It is not necessary for sending anything to Vietnam Embassy.
1 – Name and surname: as shown as your passport and must write in CAPITAL
Eg: JENNY GARDEN (not Jenny Garden)
2 – Date of birth: write in dd/mm/yyyy order
3 – Sex: fill in male or female
4 – Place of birth: write both city and country name
5 – Write both nationality if you have. Eg: United States / United Kingdom (not American or British)
6 – Passport details: write your exact passport number (both number and lettr of alphabet), kind of passport (standard/diplomatic/official), date of issue and expiry date.
For section “Issued by” – please check the detailed information in your passport.
7 – Profession and place of employment: have to match the detailed information you provide Vietnamese embassy when applying for a Vietnam Embassy visa, or for Vietnam visa on arrival, simply fill in your current occupation.
8 – Present address: fill your permanent address and phone number in your country you are coming from that will be the easiest for us to contact
9 – Children accompanying: list all children enter Vietnam
10 – Purpose of entry and exit: write of tourism/business/study/work/other
Name, address of contact: Write down
- hotel name if you are a tourist
- company name if you are bussiness
- school name if you are student
- address in Vietnam if you choose other purpose.
11 – Proposed duration to entry and exit Vietnam: write as shown as your arrival date/exit date in your Vietnam visa.
12 – Entry and exit time: should be filled:
- “single” for enter and exit Vietnam one time in the validity period noted in your visa or
- “multiple” for enter and exit Vietnam more than one time in the validity period noted in your visa
13 – Port of arrival and departure: Write down:
- Arrival: (Tan Son Nhat Airport, Noi Bai Airport, …)
- Departure: (Tan Son Nhat Airport, Moc Bai border gate…). In some special case as you are exempted Vietnam visa, you might be requested to present a return flight ticket
14 – Done at & on
- For “Done at”: write your port of arrival to enter Vietnam (as Hanoi airport, Tan Son Nhat airport,…)
- For “On” : write real arrival date (the day that you check – in Vietnam airport) in dd/mm/yyyy order