Bilateral relations between Vietnam and Australia.
- Australia and Vietnam and have established diplomatic relations since 1973. Vietnam’s bilateral relationship with Australia is regarded as politically, strategically and economically important, and it has been steadily strengthening. Under the assistance between 2 countries, Vietnam and Australia have completed many national projects.The expansion of long-lasting relations between the two countries have brought many benefits of trade, investment especially tourism, …
-According to the abouve bilateral relationship, applying visa for Vietnam for Australians becomes easier and faster. Vietnam now opening and calling for more Australian travellers, more business from Australia coming to Vietnam. In order to help Australians find the best way to get visa for Vietnam, govietnamvisa.com would like to supply some helpful information as follows:
1. Vietnam Visa Type for Australians.
1.1 Vietnam Tourist Visa:
Vietnam Tourist Visa or Vietnam Travel visa is the most popular visa type in Vietnam. When Australians apply for Vietnam visa, please remember to select purpose of visit as “tourism” if you apply for Vietnam tourist visa.
Normally you could apply for 1 month or 3 month Vietnam Tourist Visa, but the most frequent duration is 15-30 days, which means less than 1 month. You could have your Vietnam Tourist Visa extended when arriving in Vietnam.
In general, there is no difference between applying for Vietnam bussiness visa and tourist one, thus, in some cases, to enter Vietnam for less than 3 months on business trip, you could apply for Vietnam Tourist Visa instead because Vietnam bussiness visa is often valid for 3-6 months.
The good news is that visa on arrival does not require a sponsor. Whereas, applying for a visa through Vietnam embassy requires proof of sponsor from Vietnam institutions.
2. What about Vietnam visa requirments for Australians?
Before getting visa for Vietnam, Australians should prepare:
- Your valid passport has at least 6 months expiry date from the arrival date to Vietnam and one left page to stamp your visa for Vietnam
- Some money for Vietnam visa service fee
- Filling in the form of entry and exit from before landing Vietnam to save time at the border gate.
After completing required steps above, Australians are ready to get visa for Vietnam. There are two ways for getting visa for Vietnam for Australian citizens in Australia and Foreigners living in Australia: getting Vietnam Embassy/Consulate visa or getting Vietnam visa Online
2. 1. Apply Vietnam visa Online (Recommended)
Nowadays, getting Vietnam visa online (or visa on arrival Vietnam at the airport) is the most popular way to save time and money. It takes you just some minutes to fill in the Vietnam visa application online then you 100% surely have visa for Vietnam at the cheapest ( USD.44.5 in total for 1 month Vietnam single entry visa).
2.2. Apply Vietnam Embassy/Consulate visa
It is a little bit complicated to apply Vietnam Embassy/Consulate visa from Vietnamese Embassy or Consulate in Australia as it requires the orignal passport and Australians have to go Vietnam Embassy in person to get visa for Vietnam. Futher more, it takes 5-10 working days to get the Vietnam entry visa with a bit higher Vietnam visa fee (USD 80-100 in total for 1 month single Vietnam entry visa) .
3. How it works?
3.1 For applying Vietnam visa application online to save time and money
- Fill in the secure online Vietnam visa application and make a online payment for the service fee to get Vietnam visa approval letter
- After 2 working days (for normal Vietnam visa service) or 1 working day (for urgent vietnam visa service) or just some working hours (for Super urgent case), the visa approval letter will be sent to you by email in PDF or JPG file
- Then you must download and print this Vietnam visa approval letter and form of entry and exit out, prepare two Vietnam visa photos 4×6 cm, some cash (25USD /person for Vietnam single entry visa, and 50 USD / person for Vietnam multiple entry visa).
- At Vietnam airport, you just show all the prepared documents and your orgianal passport for Vietnam Immigration Officials at the “landing visa” counter which is on the left sign at the check in point inside airports and your visa for Vietnam will be ready to stamped in your passport.
3.2. For applying Vietnam Embassy/Consulate visa
In orger to get Vietnam entry visa, you should follow these steps:
- Prepare your original passports and the expiry date of at least 6 months from the date of arrival in Vietnam and – 2 Vietnam visa photos size 4x6cm (less than 3months).
- Fill in the Vietnam visa application with all the required information
- Pay a certain amount of cash to get visa for Vietnam (about USD 80-100 in total for 1 month single Vietnam entry visa)
- Leave an envelope together with stamps available and clearly your home address for Vietnam Embassy to send your passport with visa for Vietnam back after 8-10 working days