- How to get Urgent Vietnam visa?
- Payment Guidelines
- Make a payment
- Vietnam tourist or travel visa
Vietnam visa Tips
If you are going to travel to Vietnam on vacation, or for business, it’d be best to apply for a Vietnam visa online to save your precious time and money. We provide here the key Vietnam visa tips for your reference so as to have a favorable first step to Vietnam.
One of the first important Vietnam visa tips that one needs to know before making application is that Vietnamese Entry Visa is normally required for most foreigners. If you apply for visa Vietnam online (to get the Vietnam visa approval letter), the requirement is that you will enter Vietnam at Noi Bai Airport (Hanoi), Tan Son Nhat Airport (Ho Chi Minh City) and Danang airport (Da Nang) to get your visa stamped into passport. But if you go through the Embassy to get a visa namely Vietnam Embassy visa, you could enter at any of the twelve land borders, three each with Cambodia and China, and six with Laos, and the 3 mentioned airports.
Though getting visa for Vietnam today is much easier, there are a few other mainVietnam visa tips you are advised to remember before applying for visa to Vietnam to avoid any unexpected circumstances:
- Double check whether you are citizen of a country listed in Vietnam visa exemption or not by clicking the Check requirement box
- If you are required to have a visa to Vietnam, make sure that your passport has at least 6 months validity with left space for visa stamping
- Book a flight before making the Vietnam visa application if you apply for visa on arrival to Vietnam, and would like to select extra services like airport speedup service or car pick-up when making Vietnam visa online application
- Don’t apply for a visa for Vietnam too late, make sure to apply one or two weeks in advance to avoid unexpected troubles or extra costs for urgent/rush service.
- Vietnam visa extension has to be done within about one week before your visa expiration, and a new visa must be done after 3 extensions of the old one.
- If you plan to spend more than a month in Vietnam, or to exit Vietnam and enter again from Cambodia or Laos, arrange a three-month multiple-entry visa. It costs around USD95 in Cambodia, but is not available from all Vietnamese Embassies.
- The Vietnam visa requirements change quite often, thus you’d better double check before traveling
- In case you would like to directly visit the Embassy to get your Vietnam visa done, don’t be hasty since it often takes more time than Vietnam visa online application.
- The regulations and prices vary from embassy to embassy, and from consulate to consulate.
- Vietnam embassies and consulates are closed on Vietnamese holidays, so take this into account before traveling.
- Visitors to Vietnam must finish an entry/exit form and a customs declaration in duplicate. The yellow copy will be given back to you, and you must keep this safe with your passport. You will be required to present this when you leave.
- Your personal appearance partly influences the Airport Immigration’s reception to you. For instance, if you wear shorts or scruffy clothing, or look untidy, or just look a bit different from your photos, you can be in trouble. So, the Vietnam visa applicants are advised to try the best to look 'respectable'.