Vietnam visa photo requirements
Most government agencies and travel agents will tell you that you need 2 passport-sized photos. This can be a confusing message since different countries have different photo specifications. Generally, Vietnamese officers are not too strict about the photo details, but you still need to know the following rules:
- Size: The photos size should be 4 x 6 cm (standard Vietnam photography size) or 2 x 2 inches.
- Recency: The photos should be identical, taken within the past 06 months.
- Color: The photos must be in color, printed on bond paper or professional photo paper.
- Glasses: Only if eyes can be clearly seen. Veins, hats and scarfs and any other accessories that cover your ears or foreheads are strictly prohibited execpt it must be worn for religious purposes.
- Head size and position: Face the camera. Shoulders squared.
- Background: Solid, plain bright.
- Smile: No smile. Just keep a neutral expression.
- Eyes: Must be visible and open.
The following is an example of a Vietnam visa photo size requirements:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I need to send the scan of my passport and photo to VN get visa approval letter?:
No, you do not need to submit your scanned photo when you apply online. You just need to fill out the online application form in our website, receive the visa letter and bring your passport along with the approval letter and 2 photos to get visa stamped on your passport upon arrival.
- What if I forgot to bring my photos?
In case you didn’t have time to take photos at home, or just forgot to bring your photos to Vietnam, don’t worry because you can get them taken right at the arrival airport in Vietnam at only less than US2$.
1. If I forget to take photos, what should I do?
Don’t worry, we have services that can help you solve this problem immediately which are Vip Airport Speed Up and Normal Airport Speed Up. With airport speed up, our staffs don’t only help you get photos quickly but they will responsible for your visa stamped. Please note that the fee for Airport Speed Up excludes photos and visa stamped cost.
Need Airport speed up service -> Apply now
2. Do children need their own photo for Vietnam visa?Yes. Like adults, children need their own photo to get a visa for Vietnam. It can be a bit trickier photographing babies which’s why we have some recommendations for you:
- You can lay babies down in a chair with the white sheet behind but make sure no one else can be in the picture
- Keep toys, pacifiers, bottles, and other objects out of the picture.
- Do your best to square up the face of the baby and snap the picture with his eyes open.
- How to make payment by Paypal to buy Vietnam visa.
- How to apply for visa on arrival - step by step guide
- Vietnam visa processing time – Quick and easy
- How to get a Vietnam visa during holiday/weekend
- How to get a last minute Vietnam visa - only in 15 minutes
- Is Vietnam Visa on Arrival Legitimate?