Vietnam visa requirement
Most international travelers to Vietnam for travel or business purposes may need to apply for a Vietnam visa, except for those included in this list of Vietnam visa exemption. If you apply for special visa type (other than the tourist visa), additional documents may be required.
The following documents are required to apply for a Vietnam visa:
• Passport: valid for at least 6 months following your arrival date to Vietnam and have at least 2 blank pages for immigration stamps. A temporary passport maybe not accepted.
• Approval Letter: This is required if you want to obtain the visa on arrival at Vietnam's airport.
• Visa application form: Immigration Entry and Exit Application Form for Vietnam visa on arrival.
• Stamping Fee: Pay by cash upon arrival (for visa on arrival) - $25 for single entry and $50 for multiple entry
• Photo: Two passport-sized photos (4x6 cm sized photos are taken within 6 months prior to entry date and must be recently taken with no glass-wear)
• Travelers who transit through Vietnam airport should check the airlines for Vietnam visa requirements;
• Travelers directly visiting Phu Quoc Island, either by boat or airplane from a country other than Vietnam, and stay for less than 30 days are not required to have Vietnam visa.
• In case you are granted visa-free access to Vietnam, you just need a passport with at least 6 months of validity following your date of entry into Vietnam.
• The visa approval letter is valid at the airport only. So if travelers enter Vietnam by land or cruise, they can apply for a Vietnam visa via the local embassy.
Select your nationality below to see whether or not you need a visa to Vietnam here:
Or if you have any further queries about Vietnam visa requirements, Vietnam visa in general, or Vietnam vacations, kindly email us at email@example.com or call our 24/7 hotline +84.903.278.853 for free information and guide.