According to decision no. 09/2004/QĐ-BNG dated June 30, 2004 of Ministry of Foreign Affairs relating to regulations of visa exemption for Korean and Japanese citizens from July 1, 2004. Accordingly, Korean and Japanese will be applied visa exemption in 15 days, if they meet following conditions:
1. Valid passport issued by authorized agencies in Japan or Korea and the passport must be at least 3 months of validity from the date of entering Vietnam.
2. Round transport tickets or connecting tickets
3. Not in the list of subjects who are not allowed to enter Vietnam
Therefore, Japanese and Korean citizens with their popular passport do not need to get Vietnam visa in advance. Procedures of visa exemption will be processed by entry and exit police office at airport, road gates when Korean and Japanese citizens enter Vietnam, accordingly; they will seal on your passport a temporary stay in Vietnam in period of 15 days.
When the validity of visa exemption is expired, Korean and Japanese citizens must apply Vietnam visa: one month visa, three- month visa, 3 month to 1 year visa depending on certain purposes such as: for tourism, visiting relatives in Vietnam, working, investment, etc.
Where is visa exemption applied for Japanese and Korean citizens in Vietnam?
When the visa is expired, the individual, organization or business who guarantee to apply visa for Korean and Japanese citizens have to conduct visa procedures at the nearest Department of Immigration.
For any further information, please contact us or apply online for Vietnam visa.
- Tourist Visa Extension for foreigners in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
- Procedures for Extend Long- Term Vietnam Visa for Foreigners
- Visa For Foreigners Whose Husbands or Wives are Vietnamese
- Proposal to extending visa exemption for Russian tourists
- Visa Exemption Procedures for Foreigners whose wife or husband is Vietnamese
- Procedures of Visa Application and Permanent residence card for Foreigners
Or kindly read our FAQs, live Questions, or our General Vietnam Visa Information.