Legal basis for Visa Exemption procedures for foreigners whose wife or husband is Vietnamese:
Ordinance No. 24/2000 / PL-UBTVQH10 dated April 28, 2000 on entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam.
Decree No. 21/2001 / ND-CP of the Government dated May 28, 2001 issued regulations for entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam.
Decision No. 135/2008 / QD-TTg on August 17, 2008 of the Prime Minister promulgated the Regulation on visa exemption for overseas Vietnamese people.
Decision No. 77/2007 / Q Đ -BTC dated August 31, 2007 of the Ministry of Finance, prescribing the rates, management for application for visa exemption to Vietnamese people residing abroad
Joint Circular No. 04/2002 / TTLT-BCA-BNG dated on January 29, 2002 guiding the implementation of Decree No. 21/2001 / ND-CP of the Government dated May 28, 2001 detailing the implementation of entry, exit and residence of foreigners in Vietnam
Joint Circular No. 01/2007 / TTLT-BCA-BNG 30/01/2007 amending and supplementing a number of articles of Joint Circular No. 04/2002 / TTLT-BCA-BNG 01/29/2002
Decision No. 194 / A18-P1 dated June 21, 2007 of the Immigration Administration supplement or amend certain forms of entry and exit.
Profile for visa exemption includes:
- Foreign passport or for those who has not been granted passport must have residence permit issued abroad (with a copy to be saved by competent authorities). Passport or permanent paper has minimum validity of 6 months from the date of entry into Vietnam.
- Foreigners who are wives, husbands, children of Vietnamese people residing abroad or citizens of Vietnam, there must be proof of relationship with Vietnamese people residing abroad or citizens of Vietnam (marriage licenses, birth certificates, proof of paternity, mother, son and other valuable documents prescribed by the laws of Vietnam).
- 1 declaration granting visa exemption (Form N19)
Places for applying procedures of visa exemption:
If foreigners are in Vietnam, they apply for a visa exemption in Department of immigration - Ministry of Public Security in Hanoi, Da Nang or Ho Chi Minh City.
In diplomatic representative agencies of Vietnam in countries where issued your passport (Vietnam Embassy, Consulate, etc.)
- Procedures of Visa Application and Permanent residence card for Foreigners
- Visa Procedures and Extension for Children Whose Father or Mother is Vietnamese
- Types of Vietnam visa for Foreign Passport Holders
- Propose to Exempt Nine Countries From Visa
- Vietnam visa on arrival - A guide at Danang airport
- Vietnam visa on arrival - A guide at Ho Chi Minh airport