Vietnam e-visa - New way to get Vietnam visa since 2017
At the beginning of 2017, in an attempt to eliminate the last barrier to foreign tourist, Vietnam e-visa was introduced. Thus, Govietnamvisa has been updated this kind of visa on our website to ease the visa procedures for customers.
1. What is Vietnam e-visa?
- Vietnam E-visa is valid for maximum of 30 days, single entry and tourist purpose; therefore, only travelers stay in Vietnam no more than 30 days and arriving Vietnam once during the trip schedule can get Vietnam e-visa
- Also, this kind of visa is only valid for the citizens from 80 countries.
- The time to process Vietnam e-Visa application is normally 3 working days.
- The e-Visa is supported for 28 entry gates including 8 international airports, 13 international border gates, and 7 seaports across Vietnam.
- You can arrive and exit Vietnam on any date within this e-visa duration. However, you have to determine your arrival border crossing or airport before departure. Changing after applying for the e-Visa is not allowed.
2. Who are eligible for Vietnam eVisa?
Citizens from 80 following countries who are planning to visit Vietnam in a short time without re-entry during the trip can apply for this kind of visa.
||Macedonia The former Yugoslav of
||Micronesia Federated States of
||United Arab Emirates
||United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
||Papua New Guinea
||United States of America
|Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Including Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR passport holders
- Not apply to Chinese e-passport holders
Important Notice: The entry port must be exact and cannot be changed once the visa application is submitted to the Immigration Department
|Can Tho international airport-Can Tho
|Song Tien land port- An Giang
|Cha Lo land port- Quang Binh
|Da Nang international airport-Da Nang
|Tinh Bien land port –An Giang
|Bo Y land port- Kon Tum
|Noi Bai international airport- Hanoi
|Xa Mat land port-Tay Ninh
|Lao Cai landport- Lao Cai
|Phu Bai international airport-Hue
|Mong Cai land port-Quang Ninh
|Ho Chi Minh Seaport-HCM City
|Phu Quoc international airport-Phu Quoc
|Moc Bai landport-Tay Ninh
|Quy Nhon seaport-Binh Dinh
|Cat Bi international airport-Hai Phong
|Lao Bao land port-Quang Tri
|Nha Trang seaport- Nha Trang
|Tan Son Nhat international airport-HCM city
|Ha Tien land port-Kien Giang
|Hai Phong seaport- Hai Phong
|Cam Ranh international airport-Nha Trang
|Huu Nghi land port-Lang Son
|Hon Gai seaport- Quang Ninh
|Nam Can land port-Nghe An
|Cau Treo land port- Ha Tinh
||Da Nang seaport-Da Nang
||Vung Tau seaport- Ba Ria-Vung Tau
3. How much does it costs?
It costs USD 45 for 1 month single Evisa to Vietnam, no hidden fee or any additional fee at the airport/border.. Payment can be paid by credit card, Paypal, Bank Transfer or Western Union.
4. Vietnam eVisa - Processing time?
With Vietnam e-Visa, all the applicants will be granted with an e-Visa after 3 working days.
Important Notice: For those who need the Vietnam visa urgently or who will stay in Vietnam more than 30 days; or those who expect to enter and exit Vietnam multiple times (for visiting the 3rd countries like Myanmar, Laos, Canbodia... before coming back to Vietnam and flying home); or those who travel Vietnam for business purposes, you can choose the Vietnam visa on arrival to get the visa approval letter instead of the eVisa, the processing of your Vietnam visa approval letter will be completed within only:
- 2 working days for NORMAL service or
- 1 working day for URGENT service or
- 4 working hours for URGENT service or
- 2 working hours for SUPER URGENT service or
- 1 working hour for SUPER URGENT service or
- Even guarantee 15 minute service or
- NON-WORKING TIME SERVICE (after 4pm Vietnam time, at Saturday morning or on Vietnam holiday, except night time)
Note: You can click on this link to find more details about the difference between Vietnam Visa on Arrival and Vietnam e-Visa and then choose the best option for you.
5. How to apply for Vietnam e-visa?
To apply for Vietnam e-visa, customers must fill in the online visa application form which is partially similar to the form of Vietnam visa on arrival then choose the type of visa as Vietnam E-visa.
The Vietnam e-Visa's procedure is quite simple as following:
Before getting on board:
- Step 1: Fill in Vietnam visa application form online after choosing Vietnam eVisa at govietnamvisa.com/step_1
- Step 2: Make online payment for the approval fee
- Step 3: Check email to provide some additional information/documents, then get Vietnam e-Visa via email after 3 days and print it out
Upon entry in Vietnam airport:
- Step 4: Travel to Vietnam and then use the eVisa at the ports of entry.
That is it! Welcome to Vietnam and have a good time
6. What are the required documents for Vietnam e-visa?
Unlike Vietnam visa on arrival and Vietnam Embassy visa which does not required the submission of passport and photo from applicant(S), Vietnam E-visa does need these document s to be submitted in the format of JPG with the criteria below:
1. Scanned First page of Passport -In color
- Full page captured
- Information shown clearly
2. Passport photo -Present Full face, front view, eyes open
- Plain light colored or white background
- No glasses
7. What is the benefits of Vietnam E-visa?
Vietnam e-visa works the best for travelers who are arriving at land or sea ports due to the fact that there is no visa stamp service at the land/sea border. Thus, if customers pay a visit to Vietnam via land/sea ports but unable to access Vietnam Embassy to get Vietnam Embassy visa, you can take advantage of Vietnam E-visa which costs only USD45/visa for normal service. However, for visitors traveling by air, Vietnam E-visa should also be considered because of the obvious advantages below:
- 1-No need to travel to Embassy or send-off the passport
- 2-No extra fee upon arrival (the visa stamping fee will be included in the online fee)
- 3-No need to wait for stamping upon arrival (but still need to wait for identification checking)
With Vietnam E-visa, applicants will be granted with a visa approval letter after 3 working days. The letter then must be printed in advanced and submitted at the border when the applicant turns up at the port of entry.
If you need any further information about Vietnam visa or Vietnam vacations, feel free to contact us at hotlines +84.903.278.853 (available 24/7). Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, our Customer-Care Consultants will respond within 2 hours during working time and 24 hours outside working time (GMT+7)